Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Cozy living - Apt. 2.0


The Pouf!

Breakfast Bar
 
Antique drawer knobs mixed with peak-a-boo tables from CB2
It's been a year since I moved to my humble abode and in that time I've added small details that make the apartment feel cozy, warm, modern and chic all wrapped into one.

I've added details like the Picasso print (recently purchased in Barcelona) and framed in an IKEA simple black frame. It looks great and is a reminder to explore the world!
You don't have to spend a lot to get the look you want. I love Overstock, for cheap finds. I was able to score the silver pouf and the breakfast bar tall chairs -- both for under $200! Another one of my favorites places for inspiration and good deals is Home Goods. I always leave that store with something. The silver flower votive are from there and they were only $10 for the set! SCORE.

Another simple swap is to change the knobs of your furniture. The antique TV stand was a gift from my mom and I thought it was bit country for my taste. But by changing the knobs (from Anthropology) the piece was transformed and is now one of favorites!
Side Note: The best way to incorporate color and life into your space is by adding fresh flowers. It really makes a difference! Try it.

Keep checking QQ for design tips!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer older home