Friday, November 16, 2012

Proud to be an American

On Election night 2012, I was honored to have attended the Obama election rally in Chicago and be a part of history. I was so excited to have received this amazing opportunity. After long security lines, and on my way into the convention hall an Obama campaign staffer asked my group if we wanted to be part of the crowd of people behind POTUS (President of The United States) when he gave his re-election speech. Yes, please!
What I didn't realize was that being part of this select group also meant sitting behind the stage without TV's and little internet access. I know, I know-- but anyone would have reacted in the same way.  I managed to smuggle out of the holding area and get some of the election night action in the many events going on inside. I even mingle with some Obama supporter like Vivica Fox, Will.i.am and Star Jones (Ok. enough name dropping for one post).
The excitement was palpable when all the votes were in and President Obama walked out on stage with the first family. It was an experience I will never forget and a story I hope to tell over time. I've never felt prouder to be an American. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

newer older home